Thursday, October 10, 2013

Five Essentials to Create Connected Students

The article "Five Essentials to Create Connected Students," was written by Vicki Davis, a full time teacher and IT administrator. She begins by talking about how connected students are with technology, but they do not understand what they are doing and how stuff works the way it works. She talks about how students know how to copy and paste links, but they do not hyperlink their stuff. She explains that students need a connected author, a connected publisher, a connected conversationalist, a strategic disconnector, and a curious, lifelong pursuer of ingenious solutions.

I liked that she talked about twitter. I did not realize until she said something about hyperlinks and hashtags that hashtags were actually hyperlinks. That is interesting to me because I never thought I used hyperlinks before our Inspiration assignment. I think students need to be more informed on exactly what they are doing online and they need to be skilled more on online behavior... what is appropriate and what is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment