Monday, September 23, 2013

BETA BOT MALWARE BLOCKS USERS ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAMS

The FBI has found a new hacking system called Beta Bot, which hacks websites that are approved and are undetected by the anti-virus software. These hackers steal financial information as well as hacks the computers antivirus software so that the computer is more easily hacked. This is used in Windows and looks like any other internet download would, but it changes the computers settings and allows the hackers to get information off the computer. The main ways this is contacted with the computer is by USB drives and Skype. To get rid of it, run a new virus scan, if that doesn't work then download a virus protector on an uninfected computer and redownload it to the infected computer.
This article made me feel very unsafe because I use Skype daily. I use my computer for work and school and if it got hacked, I would be out of luck. I also do not click to download anything from the internet that I do not know where it came from and I no longer link my Facebook to sites that I am uncomfortable with. I hope that I am not going to get hacked anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment