Monday, December 9, 2013

From advisees

The SAMR model, or the Substitution Augmentation Modification Redefinition model, shows teachers how to use modeled practices of how to use different educational tools in technology. This helps teachers how to include technology into the common core, and gives them specific examples of how to use and teach these technology.

LMS, or Learning Management System,  is a software application or Web-based technology used to plan, implement, and assess a specific learning process (information from here). Southern Miss uses BlackBoard as the LMS, which I love. I have used another LMS when I attended PRCC over the summer called Canvas. I did not like Canvas because it was not as user friendly. The "grades" were not easily accessible. I will use a LMS in my classroom for my students and parents to access. I will probably use something such as Edmodo, but it will depend on what LMS's are available then. 

I will definitely apply for a grant for an interactive Whiteboard in my classroom. This will allow me to make my assignments more interesting for my students. This will also allow them to interact easily with lessons in all subjects. There are more and more interactive lesson plans that other teachers are uploading for teachers to use on SmartBoards, Promethian Boards, and all of the other interactive Whiteboards. 

Depending on the grade level I teach will depend on if I let my students BYOD to school. I plan on teaching 5th grade, and I do not think it is appropriate for 5th graders to have cell phones or tablets, but they do, so I will allow them to bring them to class. I will have different research projects and app projects for them to research certain topics in the classroom or find out different informations about apps that they can use. I think BYOD is more beneficial for high school students, but I believe I can find a way to do this in my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment